Sensory Panel Manager - Reading
Are you open to a new challenge in your Sensory career? Looking to grow and develop your skills in Sensory research? Then this may be the opportunity you are looking for...
We’re searching for a someone to join as a Panel Manager and build their career here at MMR.
MMR is an independent, global consumer and sensory research agency specialising in food, drink, personal and household care research. This means that when you join us, you’ll have the chance to work with well-known brands to help create, shape and develop products and packs.
Our team of over 280 highly engaged, multi-disciplined employees are primarily dynamic research professionals, sensory experts and data scientists. We’re a diverse bunch, with backgrounds in R&D, insight, marketing, sensory science, data sciences and psychology.
Your role will be to Manage the sensory panel at our SSC facility in Reading University. This wide-ranging role covers everything from pre-project prep to delivery and debrief.
- Involvement in structuring and designing proposals,
- costing and planning projects
- organizing the panels schedule
- leading panel sessions,
- Oversight of data collection and of panel performance
- Monitoring and ensuring that panel procedures are complaint with food hygiene standards
- Client liaison, report writing, and project debriefs.
This is a very busy and varied role working within a range of categories from food and drink to personal and household care. You need to be able to work well under pressure, liaise with a range of people; MMR team members and clients, and have the ability to see the stories in the sensory data that you generate in order to communicate results clearly and simply to clients
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally in a related field)
- Have strong sensory expertise – sound knowledge and experience of a wide range of sensory analysis methods applied to food, drink, personal and or pharmaceutical categories, and descriptive panel leadership and supervisory role in sensory team
- Have sensory moderation skills - efficiently handling, without leading or biasing, of panel consensus and agreement, and effectively addressing disagreement of attribute definitions, product scores, panelist fatigue
- Have a wealth of Quantitative Descriptive Analysis experience
- Possess good leadership, team building and motivational skills
- Have a strong Project design & management skillset
- Analysis and interpretation skills
- High level of IT competency (understanding of Compusense would be beneficial)
MMR is an independent, global company specialising in food, drink and consumer packaged goods research. We work regularly with over 50% of the top 100 global food and drink brands. We have offices in London, Oxford, New York, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai, Sao Paulo and Durban and have a team of 200 highly engaged and dynamic research professionals that is multi-discipline in nature covering fields such as R&D, insight, marketing, sensory science, data sciences and psychology.
MMR delivers a class leading set of marketing science tools and approaches, many of which are proprietary to MMR. We are endorsed by our global client base for our agility and technical expertise and willingness to adapt research solutions to directly focus on specific client challenges. We have built a reputation of providing innovative statistical analysis and techniques, coupled with optimal research design consultancy that successfully delivers against our clients’ specific business objectives.
At MMR, our people are central to our success and therefore we drive a culture where each individual can thrive. Some of the ways we achieve this is by operating in an open, dynamic, varied & non-hierarchical environment, providing bespoke training through the MMR Training Academy and by promoting our staff purely on merit.
MMR is an equal opportunity Employer