Trainee Business Analyst - Wallingford (Oxon)
Are you looking to build a career in Finance? Looking to work for a multi-faceted organisation that will support your study as well as provide on the job training and development?
Our Trainee Business Analyst position may just be what you are looking for!
You will work for the MMR Group supporting the global offices of MMR Research Worldwide, Healthcare Research Worldwide, Ideal Insight, Annandale Distillery and Robert Burns’ Globe Inn.
MMR Research Worldwide is an independent, global consumer and sensory research agency specialising in food, drink, personal and household care research with offices in Wallingford, London, New York, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Durban and Cali (Colombia).
Healthcare Research Worldwide specialises in designing and delivering market research for the healthcare sector and has offices in Wallingford, London, New York and Basel.
Ideal Insight, which became part of the MMR group in 2018, is a video production company based in London & New York, producing creative video and social campaigns for ambitious brands around the world.
Annandale Distillery boasts a rich history of traditional whisky production dating back to 1836, making it one of Scotland’s oldest distilleries. Formerly owned by Johnnie Walker whisky company until its closure in 1918, Annandale Distillery was reborn in November 2014, under the ownership of MMR Group, and started producing Scotch whisky once again. Annandale Distillery also owns Robert Burns’ Globe Inn, based in Dumfries, a historic pub dating back to 1612.
Sitting in the Group Finance team (a small and friendly team of 6 based in Wallingford) and working with the Group Management Accountant, the Trainee Business Analyst will assist in providing timely reports and maintaining financial controls across all businesses within the group. Helping key stakeholders understand the financial health of the business to assist them in making business decisions.
This position covers a wide variety of tasks across various Finance disciplines working for very distinct businesses within the larger group. The wide scope of the role would be perfect for anyone looking to start a career in Finance and would offer exposure to many different skills and tasks.
We are a flexible team that needs to adapt quickly to the unique requirements of the different businesses. This role would be ideal for someone who is driven and has a real desire to improve at the start of their Finance career.
Day to day responsibilities would include:
Updating and checking commissioning reports for the senior management team to review
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to provide accurate and timely reports or general financial information as needed
- Sales & cash reconciliations used to calculate the revenue journals for VAT and reporting purposes
- Project direct cost analysis to calculate any cost of sales adjustments needed
- Reconciliation of project sales invoicing to ensure clients are billed accurately and on time
- Reconciliation of Client Rebate accruals to ensure correct levels are being accounted for
- Assisting with stock, cash and financial procedure implementation and adherence
- Managing company cross charges
- Ad hoc work helping to manage and maintain data integrity of the numerous financial systems
- Ad hoc exposure to raising client invoices
- Other ad hoc finance requirements as needed
You will be:
- A highly driven and self-motivated individual looking to start a career in Finance
- Flexible, with a ‘can-do’ attitude in dealing with unique requirements of the different businesses
- A team player who’s willing to help out when needed but with the ability to work independently day to day
- Someone who picks things up quickly, can ‘think on their feet’ and likes the challenge of coming up with new ideas
- A trustworthy and open individual to help maintain positive finance relationships with the wider business
- Either actively studying or looking to start either your AAT or a related financial qualification
You will have:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Excellent customer service skills for dealing with internal stakeholders
- The confidence and communication skills to engage non finance colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Excellent personal time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks as required
It would be great if you also have:
- 6 month’s office/finance experience
- A full UK driving license
- Experience using excel specifically in a professional environment
MMR offers an open, dynamic, varied and non-hierarchical environment, where training is offered at every level. We also offer a selection of fantastic employee benefits.
MMR is an Equal Opportunity Employer